The Cathedral of Saint Sava or Temple of Saint Sava in Vračar, Belgrade, is the Balkans's largest Orthodox church building. It ranks amongst the ten largest church buildings in the world. The church is dedicated to Saint Sava, the founder of the Serbian Orthodox Church and an important figure in medieval Serbia. It is built on the Vračar plateau, on the location where it is alleged that his remains were burned in 1595 by the Ottoman Empire's Sinan Pasha. From its location, it dominates Belgrade's cityscape, and is perhaps the most monumental building in the city. The building of the church structure is being financed exclusively by donations. The parish home is nearby, as will be the planned patriarchal building.
The building is not a cathedral in the technical ecclesiastical sense, as it is not the seat of a bishop. In Serbian it is called a hram (temple), which is in Eastern Orthodoxy another name for a church. In English, it is usually called a cathedral because of its size and importance, though basilica may be a more appropriate name.[Source]